PCIe Analysis Platform with Embedded Hardware, Calibration-Free SI-Fi™ Probing and Automatic Equalization, Internal SSD Storage, Touchscreen LCD, and Standard PCIe Cabling.
Powerful SerialTek Features
- No tuning (calibration) required, Kodiak’s Rx automatically equalizes (EQs) the incoming PCIe signals at all data rates
- Embedded trace processing architecture and the fastest performance
- Deep 144GB Trace Buffers
- Internal 4TB Trace Storage (SSD) and access for multiple users
- Direct Attach Storage, including two PCIe OCuLink ports and two USB 3.2 ports
- Two 10GbE SFP+ (optical/copper) and one 1GbE RJ-45 connections for fast and reliable connectivity
- Real-time access to traces in memory prior to downloading
- Touchscreen LCD for analyzer setup and status
The Kodiak PCIe Gen5 Analysis System represents the state-of-the-art in protocol analyzer design. The Kodiak platform includes an array of high-performance innovations, made possible by an advanced design that breaks free from cumbersome legacy data upload practices in favor of ultra-responsive embedded data processing. Interface responsiveness is markedly advanced, searches involving massive amounts of data are fast, and hardware filtering is flexible and powerful.
Combined with the BusXpert user interface, the Kodiak PCIe x16 Gen5 Analyzers features and benefits really shine. Based on an embedded software framework and REST API, BusXpert integrates with Kodiak hardware seamlessly. Accessed via a web browser or SerialTek’s Electron®-based app, BusXpert includes a suite of powerful triggers, filters, and trace processing capabilities coupled with a new user interface for fast, easy, and reliable decoding. Users can work with trace files collaboratively in real-time and even remotely verify proper configuration of the analyzer and interposers, including visual identification of cables, link status, recording status, and much more. The new REST API makes automation straightforward and efficient, providing programmatic facilities for monitoring and capturing traffic, statistical analyses, and detailed searching. Kodiak’s advanced hardware design also means there is no need to download a multi-gigabyte trace before the user can begin to review the analysis – data is ready immediately.
Transparency in Probe Design is Key
Driven by the need for ever-faster data transfers, PCI Express signaling has become exceptionally complex in design and difficult to monitor unobtrusively. With SerialTek’s SI-Fi™ interposer technology, the transmitter threshold and pre-emphasis from one link partner reaches the receiver of the other link partner, so the link properly trains to optimum conditions, making the interposer as transparent as possible.
At the core of this technology is a highly specialized linear amplifier design where PCIe analog signals are received at a differential input and distributed to two separate phase-matched differential outputs with a nominal, idealized gain of 0dB.
This approach results in easier set up of the analyzer and product under test and avoids a variety of limitations inherent to other probing approaches where link training sequences don’t pass through the interposer.
SerialTek’s SI-Fi™ interposer technology expands and enables coverage in critical test areas, including link training (LTSSM), Power Management, Hot Plug, Reset, and other situations where the physical link/lane characteristics may change.
Flexible Trace Storage and Retrieval
Kodiak includes two 10GbE SFP+ ports and a GbE port to offload traces to a host computer or network and internal SSD trace storage of up to 4TB (with read-only access for other users). Direct attach storage choices include two USB 3.1 ports and two PCIe 3.0 OCuLink ports.
No Need for Calibration
Competing PCIe Gen5 analyzers and interposers require tuning, or calibration, which leads to reliability issues as modern PCIe link training sequences can occur dynamically, not just at boot-up. PCIe x16 Gen5 SI-Fi interposers are highly accurate electrically, simple to use, and secure safely to the customer’s device. No tuning (calibration) is required. Host and endpoint signals pass through the interposer, allowing for real-world PCIe link training and easier setup. With SI-Fi™ technology and Kodiak’s adaptive EQ capabili¬ties, users can save hours in setup time. And if the link characteristics change (e.g., Hot Plug or NSSR), Kodiak can follow those changes dynamically, ultimately saving your test.
- Dimensions: 443 x 67 x 305 mm (17 x 2.6 x 12”)
- Weight: 7 kg (15 lbs)
- Mounting: 19” Rack Mount Option, Tilt Feet Option
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 5-35°C at up to 2133m (7000 feet) altitude
Displays and Indicators
- Front Panel LCD: 800×320 4.6” WCGA, Touchscreen
- System Status: RGB LED
- Interposer Connection: 4x QSFP-DD
- Ethernet (10 GbE): 2x SFP+ (10 GbE)
- Ethernet (1 GbE): RJ45
- PCIe Interface: 2x OCuLink
- USB Interface: 2x USB 3.2 Type A
- Power: IEC C13, 90-264 Vac, 47-63 Hz
- Clock Out: SMA, 50 Ω, 3.3 Vdc, 10 MHz
- Clock In: SMA, 50 Ω, 3.3 Vdc, 10 MHz
- Trigger Out: SMA, 50 Ω, 3.3 Vdc
- Trigger In: SMA, 50 Ω, 3.3 Vdc
- Maintenance: RJ45, USB Micro-B (Not for customer use)
- Two-year limited warranty, Analyzers
- Six-month limited warranty, Interposers
Maintenance and Licensing
- Includes lifetime software updates – no maintenance fees
- Includes full-featured viewer software – easily share annotated traces between computers and colleagues and replay captured traffic
- Use SerialTek hardware on any computer – no additional licenses needed
- Intel Core, 2 GHz or compatible processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- 1280 x 1024 display resolution with at least 65,536 colors
- 64-bit OS only (Windows 7, Ubuntu 14, Centos7 or higher)
- 1GbE controller
|Kodiak PCIe Gen5 Analyzer|
|Kodiak Gen5 PCIe x16 Protocol Analyzer – Enterprise Edition||PK2A-G5-16-ENT|
|Kodiak Gen5 PCIe x8 Protocol Analyzer – Enterprise Edition||PK2A-G5-08-ENT|
|Kodiak Gen5 PCIe x4 Protocol Analyzer – Enterprise Edition||PK2A-G5-04-ENT|
|Kodiak Gen5 PCIe x4 Protocol Analyzer – Pro Edition||PK2A-G5-04-PRO|
|Kodiak Gen5 PCIe x4 Protocol Analyzer – Standard Edition||PK2A-G5-04-STD|
|PCIe Gen5 SI-FI Interposers|
|PCIe Gen5 x16 Slot Interposer||PEI-G5-16-SLS|