BusXpert iTAP is a convenient “tap” framework integrated with SerialTek’s BusXpert analyzer software for the Kodiak™ PCIe Gen5 x16 Protocol Analysis System, providing PCIe developers the ability to set up, capture, decode, and view PCIe trace data captured on-chip by Broadcom’s PCIe Embedded Analyzer technology. When used in conjunction with the Kodiak protocol analysis system, PCIe developers can seamlessly transition between Kodiak’s deep PCIe traces and iTAP embedded traces.
With SerialTek’s Kodiak PCIe Analyzers and BusXpert Protocol Analysis software, users can analyze and debug PCIe traffic with a rich feature set and high flexibility that customers and the industry have come to expect. However, with today’s highly integrated systems where switches and many chip-to-chip interconnects exist, physical limitations to accessing all possible PCIe interconnects at their point of origin can prove challenging. BusXpert iTAP solves this problem by harnessing and directly connecting to each instance of Broadcom’s PCIe Embedded Analyzer technology with no additional hardware required.
Broadcom integrated this technology into its PCIe Gen5 PEX89000 switches and supports the following robust feature set:
- BusXpert iTAP – Integrated with BusXpert for common PCIe trace analyzer software
- Embedded Analyzer – No external hardware required, eliminating probe insertion challenges
- Advanced Trigger Capabilities, Programmable filtering, Data compression – Fully capable embedded solution
- Parallel Analysis – Embedded analyzers capable of triggering other instances to allow for synchronized parallel analysis.
- In-band (PCIe) and out-of-band connectivity (JTAG)
Contact us to learn more.
Devices that have been grouped but haven’t been configured:
Devices with some ports assigned to PTraces, and some PTrace directions selected for configuration:
A port being assigned to a PTrace:
Configuring the pre-filter of a group of PTraces:
Configuring a trigger for some hardware conditions and a MRD32 TLP: